arrow_back Return

Using Newtek’s NDI Scan Converter with Presenter

June 14, 2024
Hi, Does anyone know if NDI Scan Converter can be used with Presenter to display lower third song lyrics? Our church uses Ecamm, a Mac-based streaming software comparable to OBS. Any insight greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Mark
Posted by Mark
June 17, 2024
Presenter doesn't have any kind of NDI capability built-in. But if you're using the capture software from NDI Tools, like the Scan Converter, you should be able to capture the output from Presenter and cast it to where you need it.
Posted by Diego
June 18, 2024
Thanks Diego. I wonder if I’d need to a dedicated window display (like on the paid version) to capture? Ideally, I’d like to use one monitor and one computer to handle both live stream and lyric presentation feed to the livestream. We don’t use in church projection screens or stage monitors.
Posted by Mark
June 18, 2024
Mark, once Presenter is presenting to your desired screen or monitor, you should be able to open Scan Converter, and look for that Presenter window under the Capture menu.
I just tried and worked fine on my macbook air, so I'm pretty sure it will work for you as well.

The main blocker here is that you only have one monitor. I'm not sure how you could achieve this with only one monitor, unless you had the window display that the paid version offers. So as far as I can see, you have two options: either get another monitor so you can show the Presenter output on it and capture it at the same time, or pay for the Pro version of Presenter so you can have a window output.
Posted by Diego
June 19, 2024
Thanks Diego. They gave me a 7-day trial of the pro version and the “Window” display does work as you mentioned! A second monitor would likely be less expensive when one considers the monthly upgrade fee over the free version.
Posted by Mark
Login to post a comment